Saturday, December 13, 2008

Time to move on...

13th of December, Saturday, 3:05 PM... sitting alone in Lorange - our beloved MBA class auditorium. It’s been more than a week since we graduated. Most of the classmates have dispersed, spread across the world - from Agentina to Mexico, USA to Canada, UK to Russia, Lebanon to Nigeria, India to Japan... and all the way to Australia and New Zealand.

I am sitting on the same seat that I was allocated on the very first day of coming to the MBA class. That was an year back... the day was full of excitement and anticipation, with the combined energy of 90 brilliant individuals coming together for the first time. Today, the auditorium is empty, but I can still feel their presence and spirit here!

We have come a long way together. IMD took me places - Kenya, Qatar, India, Singapore, Norway, Portugal to name a few. I met some of the smartest people on the planet - the IMD professors who taught us how to think beyond the obvious, the guest speakers who showed us the power of the ‘individual’, the array of high achievers who constantly pass through these corridors... and of course the MBA class of 2008. I am convinced I will be proud to see each one of them being the thought leaders and change agents in years to come.

Here's to you my friends!

No comments: